wta

WTA FEED (below)

Twitter Search / WTA

News, WTA RSS Channel

atp

atp FEED (below)

Tennis - ATP World Tour

Twitter Search / ATPWorldTour

PGA | theScore

Friday, August 9, 2013

WELCOME ! @ RANCHO GOLF COURSE, PICO BLVD, + Biblical Inspiration











 


  (pics shown here are from the "rancho golf course" on pico in los angeles)


 I used to golf periodically as I was growing up in Grand Rapids. We lived fairly close to Indian Trails golf course at the corner of 28th & Kalamazoo, across from the CRC headquarters, and behind Grand Rapids Christian High. I also golfed a fair amount at the CRC recreation center (yes, our church denomination had its own golf course !) , among a few other golf courses around west Michigan. After college, at some point, my golf clubs were stolen, and I was moving around, doing mission work in other countries, etc, and later ended up out in southern California and so I hadn't golfed in many years...but recently I started going to driving ranges...just a few so far as of 8/9/13 ..and found out it was good for stretching and plain exercise..after my first day at the driving range I felt extremely sore...which tells me I was using muscles I don't normally use or exercise much on a daily basis. So I realized simply swinging the club is probably good exercise and good for stretching...hence this blog, "Golfing for Exercise" and I don't necessarily mean the walking part from hole-to-hole, although that's included (for those who don't use an electric cart), but simply hitting the ball at the driving range. Try it out even if you're not a golfer. You don't even need a full set of clubs, just one. I personally like using a driver at the driving range... i like to go for distance, but you can use whatever you like, except for a putter . So I will be posting a few pics and videos here from time-to-time to inspire you to GOLF 4 EXERCISE and also take some time to pray and praise the Lord while you're at it !









 





“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
 Philemon 1:25